Release candidate: Godot 3.3.3 RC 1
By: Rémi Verschelde 4 August 2021
While we're busy working on both the upcoming Godot 4.0 and 3.4 releases (with a dev snapshot for 3.4 beta 2 available now), we still cherry-pick important bug fixes to the 3.3 branch regularly for maintenance releases (see our release policy).
As there is no new feature and only bug fixes, this RC 1 should be as stable as 3.3.2-stable and can be used in production if you need one of the fixes it includes.
As usual, you can try it live with the online version of the Godot editor updated for this release.
Here are some of the main changes since 3.3.2-stable:
- Android: Add GDNative libraries to Android custom Gradle builds (GH-49912).
- Android: Disable resource optimizations for legacy release builds (GH-50664).
- Animation: Fixed issue where bones become detached if multiple SkeletonIK nodes are used (GH-49031).
- Core: Save binary
ProjectSettingskey length properly (GH-49649).
- C#: Fix C# bindings generator for default value types (GH-49702).
- C#: Ignore paths with invalid chars in
- Editor: Fix slow load/save of scenes with many instances of the same script (GH-49570).
- Editor: Fix logic for showing tilemap debug collision (GH-49075).
- Editor: Fix handling of HiDPI scaling for the curve editor's handles (GH-50627).
- GraphEdit: Allow higher and lower maximum zoom values in GraphEdit (GH-49437).
- GridMap: Fix GridMap erasing octants in the wrong order (GH-50052).
- HTML5: Raise default initial memory to 32 MiB (GH-50422).
- Import: glTF: Fix mesh nodes which are also bones (GH-49119).
- Import: Fix loading RLE compressed TGA files (GH-49603).
- Input: Fix game controllers ignoring the last listed button (GH-48934).
- Input: Add
action_get_deadzone()method to InputMap (GH-50065).
- iOS: Fix plugin configuration loading (GH-50433).
- iOS: Remove duplicate orientation settings in the iOS export preset (GH-48943).
- Lightmapper: Fix potential BakedLightmap crash (GH-50150).
- Linux: Fix crash when using ALSA MIDI with PulseAudio (GH-48350).
- LSP: Translate file path to URI on LSP symbol requests (GH-49687).
- LSP: Implement
- LSP: Fix
SymbolKindreporting wrong types (GH-50914).
- macOS: Fix custom mouse cursor not set after mouse mode change (GH-49848).
- Networking: Fix parsing some IPv6 URLs for WebSocket (GH-48205).
- Networking: WebsocketPeer outbound buffer fixes and buffer size query (GH-51037).
- Physics: Avoid NaNs when calculating inertias for bodies without mass/area (GH-49185).
- Physics: Ignore disabled shapes for mass property calculations (GH-49699).
- Porting: Fix
Directory::get_space_left()result on macOS and Linux (GH-49222).
- Rendering: VisualServer now sorts based on AABB position (GH-43506).
- Rendering: Fixes depth sorting of meshes with transparent textures (GH-50721).
- Rendering: Fix CanvasItem bounding rect calculation in some cases (GH-49160).
- Rendering: Fix flipped binormal in SpatialMaterial triplanar mapping (GH-49950).
- RichTextLabel: Fix auto-wrapping on CJK texts (GH-49280).
- Windows: Fix code signing with
osslsigncodefrom Linux/macOS (GH-49985).
- Thirdparty library updates: mbedtls 2.16.11.
- Translation updates.
- API documentation updates.
This release is built from commit f6c29d1cf5eddebbace38172c0f30b6d4ab5e5f2.
The download links for dev snapshots are not featured on the Download page to avoid confusion for new users. Instead, browse our download repository and fetch the editor binary that matches your platform:
- Standard build (GDScript, GDNative, VisualScript).
- Note: UWP export templates are missing from this build, will be re-added in the next build.
- Mono build (C# support + all the above). You need to have MSBuild installed to use the Mono build. Relevant parts of Mono 18.104.22.168 are included in this build.
As a tester, you are encouraged to open bug reports if you experience issues with 3.3.3 RC 1. Please check first the existing issues on GitHub, using the search function with relevant keywords, to ensure that the bug you experience is not known already.
In particular, any change that would cause a regression in your projects is very important to report (e.g. if something that worked fine in 3.3 no longer works in 3.3.3 RC 1).
Godot is a non-profit, open source game engine developed by hundreds of contributors on their free time, and a handful of part or full-time developers, hired thanks to donations from the Godot community. A big thankyou to everyone who has contributed their time or financial support to the project!