Maintenance release: Godot 3.3.2
By: Rémi Verschelde 24 May 2021
Godot 3.3 was released a month ago, and we had a first maintenance release last week with Godot 3.3.1. A few regressions made their way among the many bug fixes of 3.3.1, so here's another maintenance release to fix them.
Notably, Windows users could experience crashes when baking lightmaps. Games exported with a ZIP data package could also trigger a crash on exit. Additionally, this release includes a number of non-regression bug fixes to various areas of the engine.
Godot 3.3.2, like all future 3.3.x releases, focuses purely on bug fixes, and aims to preserve compatibility. It is a recommended upgrade for all Godot 3.3 users.
Note: Illustration credits at the bottom of this page.
If you're upgrading from Godot 3.3-stable, you may want to also read the more consequent changes included in last week's 3.3.1 release.
Here are the the main changes since 3.3.1-stable:
- Android: Remove
-fno-integrated-as, it can break arm64v8 build (GH-48851).
- Editor: Fix swapped front/rear directions in viewport rotation control (GH-48895).
- Editor: Fix editor crash when exporting profiler data (GH-48917).
- File: Fix duplicate close file when deconstructing ZipArchive (GH-49013).
- This would trigger a crash in Godot 3.3.1 when exiting a project running from a ZIP data pack.
- GDScript: Allow
warning-ignorein the same line as the respective warning (GH-47863).
- Geometry: Fix STL to Godot type conversion of polypartition (GH-48921).
- HTML5: Fix GDNative build with Emscripten 2.0.19+ (GH-48831).
- Import: Print a warning when importing a repeating NPOT texture in a GLES2 project (GH-48817).
- Import: glTF: Improved error handling around invalid images and invalid meshes (GH-48904, GH-48912).
- Import: glTF: Fix incorrect skin deduplication when using named binds (GH-48913).
- macOS: Allow "on top" windows to enter full-screen mode (GH-49017).
- Physics: Fix ragdoll simulation when parent was readded to scene (GH-48823).
- Physics: Fix crash on debug shapes update if CollisionObject is not in tree (GH-48974).
- Rendering: Batching: Fix
item_batch_flagsstale state causing glitches (GH-48992).
- Sky: Remove high radiance sizes from the editor due to issues on specific GPUs (GH-48906).
- Windows: Fix Embree crash when building with MinGW (GH-48888).
- Official builds are made with MinGW, and Godot 3.3.1 was thus subject to this crash when baking lightmaps.
- API documentation updates.
As of now, there are no known incompatibilities with the previous Godot 3.3 and 3.3.1 releases. We encourage all users to upgrade to 3.3.2.
If you experience any unexpected behavior change in your projects after upgrading to 3.3.2, please file an issue on GitHub.
Godot is a non-profit, open source game engine developed by hundreds of contributors on their free time, and a handful of part or full-time developers, hired thanks to donations from the Godot community. A big thank you to everyone who has contributed their time or financial support to the project!
The illustration picture is a screenshot of Emilio Coppola's Dialogic Godot plugin, which enables you to create, organize, and display dialogue scenes in your Godot games. You'll find the plugin on GitHub and itch.io, and you can follow Emilio on Twitter and Patreon.