Maintenance release: Godot 3.3.3
By: Rémi Verschelde 19 August 2021
While we're busy working on both the upcoming Godot 4.0 and 3.4 releases (with a dev snapshot for 3.4 beta 4 available now), we still cherry-pick important bug fixes to the 3.3 branch regularly for maintenance releases (see our release policy).
Since the release of Godot 3.3.2 in May, there have been a number of bug fixes which are worth including in a new stable release for all Godot users.
Additionally, this release fulfills a new Google Play requirement for Android to target the API level 30 (Android 11). This includes partial support for Android scoped storage, which will be expanded in future releases.
Godot 3.3.3, like all future 3.3.x releases, focuses purely on bug fixes, and aims to preserve compatibility. It is a recommended upgrade for all Godot 3.3 users.
Here are the main changes since 3.3.2-stable:
- Android: Add partial support for Android scoped storage, target API level 30 (GH-50359).
- Android: Add GDNative libraries to Android custom Gradle builds (GH-49912).
- Android: Disable resource optimizations for legacy release builds (GH-50664).
- Android: Resolve issue where the Godot app remains stuck when resuming (GH-51584).
- Animation: Fixed issue where bones become detached if multiple SkeletonIK nodes are used (GH-49031).
- Audio: Fix cubic resampling algorithm (GH-51082).
- Core: Save binary
ProjectSettingskey length properly (GH-49649).
- Core: Fix renaming directories with
- C#: Fix C# bindings generator for default value types (GH-49702).
- C#: Ignore paths with invalid chars in
- Editor: Fix slow load/save of scenes with many instances of the same script (GH-49570).
- Editor: Fix logic for showing tilemap debug collision (GH-49075).
- Editor: Fix handling of HiDPI scaling for the curve editor's handles (GH-50627).
- GraphEdit: Allow higher and lower maximum zoom values in GraphEdit (GH-49437).
- GridMap: Fix GridMap erasing octants in the wrong order (GH-50052).
- HTML5: Raise default initial memory to 32 MiB (GH-50422).
- Import: glTF: Fix mesh nodes which are also bones (GH-49119).
- Import: Fix loading RLE compressed TGA files (GH-49603).
- Input: Fix game controllers ignoring the last listed button (GH-48934).
- Input: Add
action_get_deadzone()method to InputMap (GH-50065).
- iOS: Fix plugin configuration loading (GH-50433).
- iOS: Remove duplicate orientation settings in the iOS export preset (GH-48943).
- Lightmapper: Fix potential BakedLightmap crash (GH-50150).
- Linux: Fix crash when using ALSA MIDI with PulseAudio (GH-48350).
- LSP: Translate file path to URI on LSP symbol requests (GH-49687).
- LSP: Implement
- LSP: Fix
SymbolKindreporting wrong types and
get_node()parsing (GH-50914, GH-51283).
- macOS: Fix custom mouse cursor not set after mouse mode change (GH-49848).
- macOS: Fix Xbox controllers in Bluetooth mode on macOS (GH-51117).
- Networking: Fix parsing some IPv6 URLs for WebSocket (GH-48205).
- Networking: WebsocketPeer outbound buffer fixes and buffer size query (GH-51037).
- Networking: Fix IP address resolution incorrectly locking the main thread (GH-51212).
- PathFollow: Fix forward calculation for the position at the end of the curve (GH-50986).
- Physics: Avoid NaNs when calculating inertias for bodies without mass/area (GH-49185).
- Physics: Ignore disabled shapes for mass property calculations (GH-49699).
- Porting: Fix
Directory::get_space_left()result on macOS and Linux (GH-49222).
- Rendering: VisualServer now sorts based on AABB position (GH-43506).
- Rendering: Fixes depth sorting of meshes with transparent textures (GH-50721).
- Rendering: Fix CanvasItem bounding rect calculation in some cases (GH-49160).
- Rendering: Fix flipped binormal in SpatialMaterial triplanar mapping (GH-49950).
- RichTextLabel: Fix auto-wrapping on CJK texts (GH-49280).
- Windows: Fix platform file access to allow file sharing with external programs (GH-51430).
- Windows: Fix code signing with
osslsigncodefrom Linux/macOS (GH-49985).
- Thirdparty library updates: mbedtls 2.16.11, CA root certifactes.
- Translation updates.
- API documentation updates.
Update: One regression has been found which could cause crashes when using the GDScript LSP in Visual Studio Code. This bug has been fixed in Godot 3.3.4, which is a recommended update for all users.
If you experience any unexpected behavior change in your projects after upgrading to 3.3.3, please file an issue on GitHub.
Godot is a non-profit, open source game engine developed by hundreds of contributors on their free time, and a handful of part or full-time developers, hired thanks to donations from the Godot community. A big thankyou to everyone who has contributed their time or financial support to the project!
The illustration picture is from Spindle, a cute action-adventure game which has you play the role of Death and its pig sidekick, developed by Let's GameDev, NoFuel Games, and techel. You can support Spindle on Kickstarter, follow its development on Twitter, and wishlist on Steam or GOG.