A short adventure awaits!
Waking up every day as the forest’s only protector is not an easy job for anyone. There’s not only every animal’s personal problem a gnome has to deal with — as mysteriously dark, unprecedented things start happening in the forest; the source of which no one really understands. Fear, escaping and destruction taint the previously peaceful life of the animals. Seemingly only one can stop this — but what can a single gnome really do to save the world?
A Most Extraordinary Gnome is a short, narrative-driven game, which combines challenging and unique 2D action with complex storytelling. You control a small gnome, who uses his hat to defeat the dangers he encounters in increasingly intense stages.
The features of the game
- Unlike anything you’ve seen in indie gaming! A colorful and vibrant 2D world, made entirely out of hand crafted paper cut-out elements
- Gameplay tailored just to you. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back experience or a harder challenge, gameplay settings are there to accommodate your needs!
- A deep story! There’s more than what just meets the eye. Embark on a short journey which will lead you to unexpected places.
- Confront the dangers facing the forest! Fight multiple distinctive bosses, each with its own challenge!
- Meet the dwellers of the forest! Your house is home to a diverse group of animals, each with its own look at the world and you.
- A memorable score! The game features a unique, Eastern-European inspired soundtrack, which dynamically changes based on the level of threat your character is facing at the moment.
A world made out of paper
As a rare sight in gaming, the entire adventure comes alive with the help of paper. Anything you see in the game is made by hand, stacking layers of colorful paper on each other to create this flat, but heavily detailed aesthetic the game. Utilizing traditional stop-motion techniques wherever necessary, the movements also get a unique flair specific to this game.
We hope you enjoy this hand-crafted adventure!