To start with, I'm talking about the output interface in the Godot editor where you not only have values from a variable printed to, but also errors should something be wrong with your code along with performance and memory information
Now here's the problem, I have a larger project going and Godot suddenly, at one point, decided to not only cease printing output from the print() command, but also cease to print GDscript errors which causes the game to stop. In fact the info part of the UI is not printing anything at all (which you will see in the screenshot of the game running and the empty stats. window, a window that should be full of values).
Now projects that are newer don't seem to be affected by this, and I'm not really aware of what could cause any sort of text output from the game to suddenly stop (noting that the example file would be too complex to deduce). All of the things I've tried don't seem to work, things including...
- Messing with the debug options in the project settings
- Erasing the project from the project list and re-importing
- Deleting older versions of Godot (in case it was due to files from those versions).
- Deleting a vast array of temp files and config/cache files from the hidden Windows 10 folder created by Godot (in the hopes of resetting the system and making it work again)
- Downloading a newer unofficial nightly Godot build (in case it was an issue with the release build).
- Moving all of my game scripts from the older .res format to the newer .gd format (in case it was an issue with the format or the use of the format in Godot version 2).
- Pressing the little refresh button seen in a couple of the tabs while the game is running
If you know of any possible causes and things I could try, that would be great (or maybe I missed something obvious).