Heightmap terrain 1.7.2 3D Tools 4.1 Community
Submitted by user Zylann; MIT; 2023-07-31
Heightmap-based terrain for Godot 4.1 and later.
It supports collision, texture painting, colouring, holes, level of detail, and grass.
This is a port of the Godot 3 version, with a few changes.
Fixes in 1.7.2:
- Fixed error when removing a texture from a TextureSet
Fixes in 1.7.1:
- Fixed terrain loading incorrectly in release (non-debug) exports
Changes in 1.7:
- Ported the plugin to Godot 4.1
- Heightmaps now use 32-bit floats instead of 16-bit floats
- Changed some APIs to use `Vector2i`
- Added `cast_shadow` setting to `HTerrain`
- Added `cast_shadow` setting to `HTerrainDetailLayer`
- Added slope limit slider to detail density painting
- Exposed `roughness` in detail layer shader (but reflections may be off due to the normals hack)
- Allow decimal values in `min_height` and `max_height` when importing a heightmap
- Changed shape list in brush settings so it can be used as a regular palette when cycling is off
- Fixed terrain not functional when using a 32-bit version of Godot (The GDNative library is only maintained for 64-bit)
- Fixed TextureSet editor logging errors when selecting slots with textures using color codes instead of image files
- Fixed texture list becoming empty when selecting another terrain sharing the same TextureSet
View files Download Submit an issue Recent Edits