A Trackball Camera that responds to input from mouse, keyboard, joystick and touch, in order to rotate around its parent node while continuously facing it.
- stays around its parent node, even if the latter moves
- no gimbal lock (quaternions ♥)
- camera inertia for a smoother experience
- keep the horizon stable if you want
- the parent node does not have to be centered in the camera's view
- can be used to look around itself
- zoom with PGUP / PGDOWN or your own custom action, if you want to use the mouse wheel for example
- a bunch of parameters to configure things as you want them
- No panning
- No promises
1. Add a TrackballCamera node as child of the node you want to trackball around.
2. Translate the camera along the Z axis a little bit, so that it faces its parent.
3. Configure the camera.