The project I talk about in this post
So I'm making a game, I decide take a break and close the editor. I come back a few hours later, open my project and playtest it before making any changes, and somehow it's become completely unplayable. It slowly gets more and more laggy when you try and play it. I've looked over everything I was working on before closing the engine, I exported it, I sent it to a friend, turned off vsync, restarted my pc, nothing has any effect on it. Here's some things I found that might have something to do with the cause:
- There were a few lines of code that I'd written not long before exiting the engine that hadn't saved. I rewrote them, checked other things I'd done around the same time, nothing.
- When my friend tested it, they got an error that I wasn't getting. I'm not sure what it means:
They also told me that it got stuck on the loading screen for them, which I also haven't experienced.
I am completely lost as to what could be causing this. Nothing I do seems to change anything. It would also be ideal to get a quick solution, because I'm making this game for a game jam. No pressure :)