0 votes


Orig. I wanted to create a rectangle with a border in Godot. (similar like in CSS border 3 px solid ...)

So after research I found in Godot there is a "StyleBoxFlat" in RESOURCES (not in Nodes)

After creating the StyleBoxFlat, I was wondering:


After a long time searching I found, that I have to use a "Panel-Node".

So in general:

Where can I find the information, which node to choose for a given resource?

I didn't find a complete overview.

Thank you for your advise.

asked Nov 21, 2019 in Engine by andyK (12 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

AFAIK, styles (such as a StyleBoxFlat) can be applied to Control nodes. From what I can tell, these resources can be applied to nodes that are used for the user interface.

Here's the documentation on StyleBox, and here's the API documentation on Control.

answered Nov 21, 2019 by Ertain (1,253 points)

Thanks for your answer.

It was a good hint by you.

Welcome to Godot Engine Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Please make sure to read How to use this Q&A? before posting your first questions.