0 votes

I was looking at this question

It has some links that are bad and I can't seem to find the pickable option in collisionshape in 3d. Does this exist still and how would I get an on mouse enter and exit from hovering over a 3d object with the mouse cursor?

in Engine by (60 points)

I figured it out in area there's input ray pickable. I was looking in the collisionshap instead of area.

1 Answer

0 votes

Pickable still exists, it's under the CollisionObject category in the inspector.
The answer you linked is still more or less the same, just a few variables have changed and the input API too.

Once you made the node pickable, you can use the mouse_entered and mouse_exited signals.

by (29,088 points)

I found a CollisionObject2d is there a 3d equivalent?

CollisionObject is the 3D equivalent of CollisionObject2D. Almost all 3D physics nodes inherit from it.

Welcome to Godot Engine Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Please make sure to read Frequently asked questions and How to use this Q&A? before posting your first questions.
Social login is currently unavailable. If you've previously logged in with a Facebook or GitHub account, use the I forgot my password link in the login box to set a password for your account. If you still can't access your account, send an email to [email protected] with your username.