Thanks, I see you (AxDSan) also have done some research :D
.. and still questions remain open. Examples:
- How is multiplayer doing ?
- Will there be a new GUI for the editor (as we have seen before on Twitter) ?
- How is C# doing, will it be 100% in Godot 3 ?
- Are there significant performance improvements overall, as somewhere was stated they did crucial rewriting?
- Are there new supported platforms ?
- How capable is the new 3D rendering, we have seen some few examples, but we are longing to see more :D
- Are there also improvements for Web, as I may have read or not read somewhere ... ?
. This is a whole new release (V 3), so how much more features and improvements are there ?
I just like to have more information, because I have a project I want to start off with Godot 3. In the meanwhile I do more practicing with Godot 2 of course. And I have read some of the dev blog articles, still a summary would be nice. More official information also helps to prevent false information.
Godot seems to be an Engine which will rule in the future imo (open source, easy cross platform deployment, free, cool node / scene system, many features, nice scripting, clean UI, ...).
I have a theory: Maybe one of the reasons Godot still is unpopular may be the lack of announcements and advertisement. Come on, you will release the NEW GODOT 3 with a lot of new cool stuff. Feed us! Show us more! Make Godot more popular and give it the attention it deserves!