Godot 3.4.3 was released less than 2 weeks ago, but a few significant regressions were found in that release, so we’re fast-tracking the release of Godot 3.4.4 to solve those.
This Release Candidate adds a handful of fixes, including several regression fixes. Please make sure to test it on your projects and to report any issue, so that we can release 3.4.4 stable in the coming days.
As usual, you can try it live with the online version of the Godot editor updated for this release.
Here are the main changes since 3.4.3-stable:
- Animation: Fix cubic interpolate when looping (GH-58651).
- Audio: Revert “PitchShift effect quality and performance tweaks for different pitch scale values” (GH-58668) [regression fix].
- This fixed a valid issue while introducing a new one, so it was reverted for the time being until a better fix can be found.
- Core: Print every file exported with
PCKPacker.flush()’s verbose parameter (GH-58520).
- Core: Fix
UndoRedo::create_action()invalid memory usage (GH-58652).
- Core: Revert “Fix ProjectSettings
has_setting()when used on a overriden setting with feature tags” (GH-58859).
- CSG: Fix visible seam on smoothed sphere and cylinder shapes (GH-58208).
- Editor: Fix showing Extend Script option without script attached to the node (GH-58821).
- HTML5: Revert “[HTML5] Fetch API now passes credentials.” (GH-58862) [regression fix].
- This turned out not to be a good option with the current state of the web standard.
- iOS: Fix multitouch not working correctly (GH-58586) [regression fix].
- Physics: Fix premature return in GodotPhysics Area
- Physics: Update joints on
- Portals: Fix duplication of instanced scenes during conversion (GH-58650).
- Rendering: GLES2: Fix compression on blend shapes (GH-58838).
- Rendering: GLES2: Fix
VersionKeycomparison in shader binding (GH-58855).
- Rendering: GLES3: Fix shader state caching when blend shapes used (GH-58808) [regression fix].
- API documentation updates.
The downloads for this dev snapshot can be found directly on our repository:
- Standard build (GDScript, GDNative, VisualScript).
- Mono build (C# support + all the above). You need to have dotnet CLI or MSBuild installed to use the Mono build. Relevant parts of Mono 220.127.116.11 are included in this build.
Note: The Windows builds are signed, but the certificate expired recently. We’re working on having it renewed, this should be fixed in time for 3.4.4 stable.
As a tester, you are encouraged to open bug reports if you experience issues with 3.4.4 RC 1. Please check first the existing issues on GitHub, using the search function with relevant keywords, to ensure that the bug you experience is not known already.
In particular, any change that would cause a regression in your projects is very important to report (e.g. if something that worked fine in earlier 3.4.x releases no longer works in 3.4.4 RC 1).
Godot is a non-profit, open source game engine developed by hundreds of contributors on their free time, and a handful of part or full-time developers, hired thanks to donations from the Godot community. A big thankyou to everyone who has contributed their time or financial support to the project!