Release candidate: Godot 3.3.4 RC 1
By: Rémi Verschelde 29 September 2021
While we're busy working on both the upcoming Godot 4.0 and 3.4 releases (with a dev snapshot for 3.4 beta 5 available now), we still cherry-pick important bug fixes to the 3.3 branch regularly for maintenance releases (see our release policy).
Godot 3.3.3 was released a month ago, and a handful of important fixes have been queued in the
3.3 branch since then. Most notably, users of the GDScript LSP in Visual Studio Code have been experiencing crashes in 3.3.3, which are fixed in this new Godot 3.3.4 RC 1.
Note: Version numbers can be confusing with three branches worked on in parallel - this release is 3.3.4, i.e. a maintenance update to the 3.3 branch. This is not the upcoming 3.4 feature release.
As there is no new feature and only bug fixes, this RC 1 should be as stable as 3.3.3-stable and can be used in production if you need one of the fixes it includes.
As usual, you can try it live with the online version of the Godot editor updated for this release.
Here are some of the main changes since 3.3.3-stable:
- Android: Fix crash when calling
- C# / macOS: Automatically enable JIT entitlements for the Mono exports (GH-50317).
- C#: Fix reloading tool scripts in the editor (GH-52883).
- Core: Fix
LocalVectorcrash on insert (GH-52121).
- Core: Quote and escape ConfigFile keys when necessary (GH-52180).
- Core: Compare signal connections by ObjectID, avoids spurious reordering in .tscn files (GH-52493).
- CSG: Don't update CSGShape when not inside tree (GH-52647).
- Debugger: Fix invalid "Too many warnings!" error in remote script debugger (GH-52416).
- Editor: Fix setting NodePath properties on multiple nodes at once (GH-51981).
- Editor: Fix preview grid and preserve source texture margins in SpriteFrames editor (GH-52910).
- GLES3: Fix multimesh being colored by other nodes (GH-47582).
- GLES3: Properly clear cubemap filter state when texture array environment disabled (GH-51938).
- GLES3: Fix Light2D UBO initialization (GH-52243).
- GUI: Remove deprecation warning for
- GUI: LinkButton's text is now automatically translated (GH-52138).
- GUI: TabContainer: Fix drawing current tab when it's disabled (GH-52299).
- HTML5: Fix bug in AudioWorklet when reading output buffer (GH-52696).
- HTML5: Use browser mix rate by default on the Web (GH-52723).
- iOS: Implement missing OS
- LSP: Fix completion crashing on scene-less scripts (GH-51333).
- Rendering: Prevent shaders from generating code before the constructor finishes (GH-52475).
- VisualScript: Fix VisualScriptPropertySet value hint (GH-52219).
- API documentation updates.
This release is built from commit 90022710ab6e5490e4b1e563f163bc5edc9b9735.
The download links for dev snapshots are not featured on the Download page to avoid confusion for new users. Instead, browse our download repository and fetch the editor binary that matches your platform:
- Standard build (GDScript, GDNative, VisualScript).
- Note: UWP export templates are missing from this build, will be re-added in the next build.
- Mono build (C# support + all the above). You need to have MSBuild installed to use the Mono build. Relevant parts of Mono 22.214.171.124 are included in this build.
As a tester, you are encouraged to open bug reports if you experience issues with 3.3.4 RC 1. Please check first the existing issues on GitHub, using the search function with relevant keywords, to ensure that the bug you experience is not known already.
In particular, any change that would cause a regression in your projects is very important to report (e.g. if something that worked fine in 3.3 no longer works in 3.3.4 RC 1).
Godot is a non-profit, open source game engine developed by hundreds of contributors on their free time, and a handful of part or full-time developers, hired thanks to donations from the Godot community. A big thankyou to everyone who has contributed their time or financial support to the project!