We released Godot 3.5 in early August, and like any release, there are few rough edges to iron out which warrant making maintenance “patch” releases (3.5.x). Such maintenance releases focus on fixing bugs and not on integrating new features. This helps guarantee that the overall production readiness of the stable branch keeps increasing.
So this 3.5.1 release fixes a number of regressions that users reported after the release, as well as various other fixes to pre-existing bugs and usability improvements.
This is a safe and recommended update for all Godot 3.5.x users. It should have no major incidence on your projects, even complex ones in production, if you’re already using 3.5-stable.
Download Godot 3.5.1 now or try the online version of the Godot editor.
See the curated changelog, or the full commit history on GitHub or in text form for an exhaustive overview of the fixes in this release.
Here are the main changes since 3.5-stable:
- Android: Fix issue preventing the Android Editor from displaying the project content (GH-64420).
- Android: Fix issue with
get_current_dir()returning the wrong path on Android (GH-64413, GH-65093) [regression fix].
- Animation: Fix AnimationNode
has_filternot being called in scripts (GH-64560).
- Animation: Fix potential bug with node rename in BlendTree editor (GH-65651) [regression fix].
- Animation: Fix crash when playing SceneTreeTween right after finishing (GH-65896).
- Audio: Make audio thread control flags safe (GH-64608).
- Buildsystem: Fix compilation database generation with MSVC (GH-65440).
- C#: Avoid paths with invalid characters in Rider detection (GH-64085).
- C#: Use custom project setting for C# project files name (GH-64460).
- C#: Show custom error explaining that UWP is not supported (GH-64778).
- Core: Fix
FileAccessCompressed::get_bufferreturn value (GH-53434).
- Core: Fix locale resource remapping with binary conversion on export (GH-63629).
- Core: Fix
Time.get_unix_time_from_system()not including msecs (GH-64101).
- Core: Determine ProjectSettings’ resource path early (GH-64926).
- Core: Remove HDR warning for Viewport on GLES2 projects (GH-65063).
- Core: Fix parsing of XML CDATA (GH-65556).
- Editor: Fix updating AnimatedSprite inspector when SpriteFrames is modified (GH-49495).
- Editor: Change code folding behavior to include terminal indented comments (GH-63113).
- Editor: Don’t process input in hidden EditorProperty (GH-63197).
- Editor: Use FlowContainer to handle toolbar overflow more gracefully (GH-63250).
- Editor: Fix crash when renaming a file in split mode in the FileSystem dock (GH-64025) [regression fix].
- Editor: Fix crash when axis snapping CollisionPolygon2D’s newly created vertex (GH-64050).
- Editor: Remove FOV adjustment with Alt + mouse wheel in the 3D editor (GH-64071).
- Editor: Fix error when switching to another GridMap with an item with higher index selected (GH-64188).
- Editor: Optimize theme usage in editor log (GH-64283).
- Editor: Fix action name completion for
- Editor: Fix toggling unique name in owner for all selected nodes in SceneTree dock (GH-64495).
- Editor: Fix VisualScript editor crash when deleting selected nodes (GH-64772) [regression fix].
- Editor: Reallow selecting frame with LMB press in SpriteFrames select dialog (GH-64358) [regression fix].
- Editor: VCS plugin: Fix logic for SSH key dialog defaulting to
- GUI: Don’t draw selection background of individual Tree cells in Row mode (GH-64148).
- GUI: Expose Tabs
get_tab_button_icon()to scripting (GH-64707).
- GUI: Fix ItemList selection visual when the scrollbar visibility changes (GH-64711).
- GUI: Fix color modulation of the grayscale glyphs in font with mixed color / grayscale data (GH-64745) [regression fix].
- GUI: Fix crash when pressing up on an empty PopupMenu (GH-64968).
- GUI: Make
OptionButtonitem auto-highlight behave better (GH-64636, GH-64965).
- Input: Fix axis mapped to DPad buttons not releasing opposite button (GH-64532) [regression fix].
- iOS: Force app store icon to be opaque, use proper errors, fix memory leak (GH-64631).
- iOS: Workaround WebKit/ANGLE shader compilation bug for WebGL 2.0 (GH-64811).
- iOS / macOS: Fix generation of duplicate locale property list files (GH-65067).
- Navigation: Fix TileMap error msg when Navigation2D node is not set (GH-64013) [regression fix].
- Navigation: Fix wrong method called when setting NavigationRegion
- Navigation: Fix NavigationObstacle nodes not registering to default navigation map (GH-64372).
- Navigation: Exclude disabled StaticBody collisions from NavigationMesh baking (GH-65775).
- Navigation: Fix TileMaps placing baked NavigationPolygons with wrong offset without a Navigation2D node (GH-66262) [regression fix].
- Networking: Prevent HTTPRequest from polling invalid client (GH-64472).
- Physics: Hack a hot fix for Bullet’s collision margin regression (GH-64875) [regression fix].
- Rendering: Fix skeleton 2D stale bounding rect (GH-63071).
- Rendering: Fix multiple ubershader bugs (GH-64096).
- Rendering: Portals: Show RayCast debug helper (GH-65686).
- Rendering: Prevent drawing MultiMesh with zero instance count (GH-65826).
- Rendering: Initialize CPUParticles data on
set_amountto prevent corruption of BVH space partitioning (GH-66115).
- VisualScript: Fix output port type mismatch for some nodes (GH-51146) [regression fix].
- Windows: Fix list dir handle leak (GH-64461).
- Thirdparty libraries: libpng 1.6.38, GameControllerDB from 2022-09-18.
- API documentation updates.
As of now, there are no known incompatibilities with the previous Godot 3.5.x releases. We encourage all users to upgrade to 3.5.1.
If you experience any unexpected behavior change in your projects after upgrading to 3.5.1, please file an issue on GitHub.
Godot is a non-profit, open source game engine developed by hundreds of contributors on their free time, and a handful of part or full-time developers, hired thanks to donations from the Godot community. A big thankyou to everyone who has contributed their time or financial support to the project!
If you’d like to support the project financially and help us secure our future hires, you can do so on Patreon or PayPal.
The illustration picture is from Dome Keeper, an innovative roguelike survival miner with gorgeous artwork, developed by Bippinbits and published by Raw Fury. It was just released on Steam and the first players seem to love it, check it out!